Hard to acquire species.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just recently got them😅 but there are a few people that have them up recently, I guess try asking in FB mantis keepers?
Oh alright. I'm kidding anyway, I wouldn't sell mine for a while either. Haha. But do you know anyone who may have them on Facebook? I don't usually check there. Should I ?

Choeradodis rhombicollis

I've only ever seen them for sale once and that was years ago on this forum. Needless to say, I was a little too late. They had been sold out just 30 minutes after posting if I remember rightly.

Sorry for a reply on a thread posted back in April, I just had to throw this answer in there. 😂 

I know for suret hat mantiszoo.com has some empusa now and then, and they also have some more hard to come by species like catasigerpes and oxypilus.

I know for suret hat mantiszoo.com has some empusa now and then, and they also have some more hard to come by species like catasigerpes and oxypilus.
They do have a great selection. I won their first Instagram contest. 😀 I bought a couple of Heterochaeta, but don't plan on breeding them. I have too many large species in the works right now. Finally got a small group of of Sinomantis denticulata. I'm really excited. 😁

They do have a great selection. I won their first Instagram contest. 😀 I bought a couple of Heterochaeta, but don't plan on breeding them. I have too many large species in the works right now. Finally got a small group of of Sinomantis denticulata. I'm really excited. 😁
Good luck on the sinomantis! If you have any spare nymphs/ooths, you know who to contact! ;)

New list that I need in the hobby-

otomantis sp. 

oxypilus sp. 

ceratomantis sp. 

majangella

haania

phyllothelys cornutus

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting one as well. The last one I saw available online was $65 + mandatory Express shipping. Spending $100 bucks for a mantis is something I'll never do. 
Old thread, but i've spent quite a bit more than $100 per nymph in order to get some of the rarer stuff I've kept. :sweatdrop:

Blepharopsis Mendica. Love my girl but I will likely not be able to acquire another one for a LONG time here in the states...

@Synapze I currently have some iris that are growing up! I'm carrying on my older bro's tradition of catch a few, breed, incubate, release. Though now that I have much more experience, am not ten years old, and have the dedication, I can be a lot more successful! 😂

I'll let you know when I eventually have CB stock available ;)  

IMG_20200625_152055.jpg

IMG_20200625_152305.jpg

Read through this thread, and apparently, people forgot about Metallyticus! Definitely at the very top of my list. Even just a dead specimen would be nice one day. 

Latest posts