Has anyone tried selective breeding with mantids?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well there are fruitflies without wings. They're still called fruitflies.

Mine don't fly away for some odd reason. They're all wild caught too. They just hang out on my laptop most of the time.
I noticed with my Europeans that they get skittish and fly off when you stare down with them. I'll have them on my hand and they will be looking around but when they realize some big monster is holding them and they stare you down to see if you are a threat if you stare into thier eyes just to check them out whoosh there they go into the wall or my face. Now when they do that I just turn my hand around and get them looking at something else and haven't had any problems since. Except for the male but I think he was either horny or scared because he was only in his new home for like a day. Like the doc says it could just all be in my head:lol: but it seems to work for me.

Mine don't fly away for some odd reason. They're all wild caught too. They just hang out on my laptop most of the time.
I noticed with my Europeans that they get skittish and fly off when you stare down with them. I'll have them on my hand and they will be looking around but when they realize some big monster is holding them and they stare you down to see if you are a threat if you stare into thier eyes just to check them out whoosh there they go into the wall or my face. Now when they do that I just turn my hand around and get them looking at something else and haven't had any problems since. Except for the male but I think he was either horny or scared because he was only in his new home for like a day. Like the doc says it could just all be in my head:lol: but it seems to work for me.
:lol: I've never store down my mantids before. I just let them do waht they want. I spoil my mantids. Mabye that's why they like me so much.

He was probably scared, but who knows. :lol:

Geomantis larvoides. its a communal specie in spain

^^

i think than YES, always i try to do pairs from the stronger female and male of my diferent species, So, in many generatings, maybe the nynphs will be biger and stronger.

it have done with for example snakes.... the diferent colors and patrons in some species are because the selective reproduction.

Regards

Latest posts