Have anyone used these for their Terrarium??

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDazz

Reaction score
My baby was acting very irritated a few weeks ago (very jumpy and moving around a lot) and I couldn't understand why but then I noticed the little zoo med temp/humidity gauge was acting very sporadic so I began looking for an alternative and came across these on Wish.com.

There were very cheap and I figured I could get someone to help me put them together since I'm not that great with electronics but after asking and having a few people flake on me I did some research and decided what the heck and did it myself.

It took me a day for each box and the first day was the longest, second box wasn't bad because I had the theory down. Let me tell you this is the best investment so far... Both boxes are VERY accurate... I checked the temp with my temp gun and they both read the same exact number...  I use fans to keep the humidity between 50-60 at all times. 

I kept the zoo med inside for a few days and it was extremely off compared to the new boxes.

She seems very happy and normal... My only regret is wishing that I got them sooner... No telling how much she suffered or her life span has been cut short because of inaccuracy :-(

If anyone use nice size enclosures I highly recommend them for a piece of mind.   

14696864_1761032950819297_1331603522_n.jpg

14657725_1761032944152631_698071052_n.jpg

14642829_1761032940819298_1036626438_n.jpg

Thanks for the info.. cool idea... At this time I don't think she suffered much.. cuz our temps are on the warmer side.. but I think you got the hook up for the up coming winter!

Thanks for sharing

Glad to see they work great for you, and your girl is back to normal. :D

I've seen those digital temperature/humidity setups before on ebay too and was curious how well they did. I might have to see about getting some then if they are that good. The only downside to the Wish.com site is you have to sign-up as member to even browse, but as my wife is a avid shopper there so I'll have her find them. ;)

Not really related to the topic, but another pretty good website to give a peek around is petmountain.com, everything on there is top name brands... but cheaper.  I get all my Zoo Med products from there, most recent being a slim model T5 Ho Uvb housing AND it came with a free uvb bulb (whereas in stores?...definitely doesnt.).

Just throwing that one out there so all my forum friends know.

Also... I like those!

Definitely something I may consider for the Idolomantis. I'm not too fond of the ones I have lol.

@CosbyArt @LAME

I discovered them on Wish but bought mines here in the states just as cheap and faster delivery... just search temperature controller and/or humidity controller and they will pop up! 

Latest posts