Heat Tape

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mvalenz

Reaction score
Can someone give me a link to where I get heat tape. I tried to Google it and I got something else. Same thing with Amazon.

I like the new stuff at Reptile Basics. Its better than flexwatt I have alot of experience with both products.

Can I place it on the top or side of a container to create even heat throughout the container? I can not place it on the bottom or underneath. Will it melt plastic? I need it for a 20"X12"X12" Rubbermaid tub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I place it on the top or side of a container to create even heat throughout the container? I can not place it on the bottom or underneath. Will it melt plastic? I need it for a 20"X12"X12" Rubbermaid tub.
Heat rises, so you won't get much benefit out of putting the tape on top of the container. Invertebrate folks use either side or belly heat. Snake, gecko, bearded dragon owners often prefer belly heat, because reptiles need it in order to digest their food.

According to their website, their tape is Flexwatt.

http://www.reptilebasics.com/heating
Good eye, well its a much better product than the first editions of flexwatt, I used it for hundreds of reptile units the connectors, cover clips were , the tape eas easily creased and lower watt than the new stuff. It seems like an entirely new product.

Michael

Reptilebasics new stuff is Flexwatt heat tape just made by a different company, and doesn't get anywhere near as hot as the original flexwatt

I like the newer stuff much better ;)

Good eye, well its a much better product than the first editions of flexwatt, I used it for hundreds of reptile units the connectors, cover clips were ######, the tape eas easily creased and lower watt than the new stuff. It seems like an entirely new product.

Michael

Latest posts