hello all, just a random dude

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomdude

Reaction score
hello all.

have been catching/keeping/observing native animals of all kinds (mainly inverts/retiles) since i was born. but my lady friend and i are getting ready to brach out a bit (p. paradoxa for me, i. diabolica for her) so we figured we would come here for some insight and maybe some needed support.

its nice to meet you all and feel free to throw out some specific tips and tricks for those two critters if you have any

:) -rick

p.s. also other than mantisplace, and bugs in cyberspace (which is where out lil critters will come from), and mantispets, what are some other exotic insect suppliers??? TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome randomguy :lol: (aka Rick)

I. diabolica could be tough mantis for a first(ish) one. Here is a link to a great thread about the care of that mantis.

Idolomantis Care

This forum is great site to buy and sell mantis. You should check out the classified section but read the rules first :lol: !

Welcome to the forum Rick, or do you prefer random dude? :p

Plenty of info all around the forum for ghosts, and like Jacob said the idolos can be tough for a first mantis. But if you're up for the challenge then the info is there too!

Good luck! :D

Welcome randomguy :lol: (aka Rick)

I. diabolica could be tough mantis for a first(ish) one. Here is a link to a great thread about the care of that mantis.

Idolomantis Care

This forum is great site to buy and sell mantis. You should check out the classified section but read the rules first :lol: !
Welcome to the forum!

Yes. It is highly unlikely that it would survive until adulthood. They are very clumsy and very expensive (did you know that they change color at L2? :) ). Poppa spurca are very inexpansive right now and easier to raise, but there are lots of other choices.. You might both consider getting more than one. Even with expert care, nymphs die for lots of reasons, and it would be a pity if you had to start over because you lost yr only specimen.

Let us know how you get on, and ask lots of questions!

Hi Rick!
wave.gif