Hello all! o/

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaerakh

Reaction score
Hi, I was thinking about what to do for an art assignment at my college, and I thought; "You know. I like Insects, and especially mantids. Why don't I look up what it takes to have a pet mantid?" After taking a gander through some of the care information, since it would be foolish of me not to look that up, I decided it would be great to have one as a pet.

Now, I am somewhat easily startled by small insects so I thought it would be a wiser decision to look into a larger species. I would be especially interested in any from east asia(Korea especially(if there are any Korean species). Does anyone have any thoughts?

Oh, I love the look of that Hierodula!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! Yeah giant asians are pretty nice. Almost all the most popular mantid species pretty much come out of east asia so you will have a wealth of choices!

Thank you for the suggestions. They sound like exactly what I'm looking for. ^^

Greetings! Remember, most people buy mantis as nymphs so the have more time with them. Even if you get one of the bigger species, it might be a smaller insect when you buy it, unless you can buy an adult or near-adult.

Latest posts