Hello all

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alabastra

Reaction score
As a bit of an introduction I am M.J. I'm not especially new to mantis keeping but more of a renewed interest. I've kept quite a few wild caught Chinese mantises over the years but was recently bitten by the mantis bug. Literally. She bit me!! :D Now I am hopelessly infected! I've always enjoyed mantids but this girl is something else. So, aside from the adult female Chinese mantis responsible for this madness, I have two spiny flower mantises l2/l3 and a gorgeous subadult male orchid. In addition still, my husband went to put on his boots yesterday, and one of them was occupied. Enter yet another Chinese mantis, at least for the moment while we asses his condition.

Just in case anyone hasn't already had their fill of cute mantis pictures.  :rolleyes:  http://s567.photobucket.com/user/agraffiti/library/ 

Many thanks for all of the welcomes!

I guess the mantis population stands at five. The little 'Shoehorn' mantis fortunately escaped injury so I took him out to the pasture to release. Placed him on a bush and he immediately jumped right back on me. Second attempt to release ended up with the little bugger on my back and out of reach. Much laughing and a couple of scratches later I gave up and walked back to the house. As I walked through the den, he jumped of onto a curtain and looked at me like "Ok, this is good."  Think the word is out?? LOL

Latest posts