Hello all

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterK

Reaction score
Hello! I got my first pets about a year ago, a pair of H. Venosa: BB (Banana Bread) and CC (Coconut Cookie)​

7ONpx26.jpg

6kQwn0Q.jpg

cEDZdHO.jpg

eMHWTpN.jpg

My larger one, BB, has passed on, but I've still got my little one, CC, who mysteriously never molted to adulthood. Love them anyway.

I'm K or Sasha, they/them pronouns. I am an artist mainly doing illustration, 2D/3D animation, and video game work. My little friends like to watch me 3D model for some reason. I'm located in Denver, Colorado and love learning about bugs. I'm looking forward to having more mantises. : ) In particular would like to try H. Majuscula next, since it's rather like Venosa so I wouldn't have to change my setup any, and it'd be cool to have a mantis from Australia. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw thank you! Just aquarium plants propped up with suction cups/zipties mostly, and some sandblasted grapevine from a reptile shop. I was too nervous to use general plastic plants for fear of them having some sort of harmful chemicals on them, but I wanted to go the synthetic route. I figured fish-safe ones would also be mantis-safe and they seem to have worked out. 

I will let CC know you said they are charming! 🥰

Aw thank you! Just aquarium plants propped up with suction cups/zipties mostly, and some sandblasted grapevine from a reptile shop. I was too nervous to use general plastic plants for fear of them having some sort of harmful chemicals on them, but I wanted to go the synthetic route. I figured fish-safe ones would also be mantis-safe and they seem to have worked out. 

I will let CC know you said they are charming! 🥰
Thats a good idea! I'll have to try that with my Venosa ☺