Hello! Already hooked.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! My name's Elodie and I'm from Georgia- pretty new to the mantis keeping hobby but I've been studying for months and have always enjoyed them in the wild when I've seen/found them. I currently have one Parasphendale affinis/Budwing named Saturn- an l3, who is eating quite well, and a group of 5 Phyllocrania paradoxa/ghosts - l2 - on the way from a wonderful fellow from another mantis group. 

I have a crew of other pets- a Western hognose toffee morph male named Henry (born last July) , an Okeefee morph corn snake named Rusty - who is now almost 12 years old, two melanoid axolotls - one female (Hiram McDaniels) who is 4 years old, and a male (Not Steve) who is a year and a half and their rather flourishing guppy farm, two cats (Maine Coon mix and a fluffypants tuxedo with cerebellar hypoplasia named Stranger and Magpie) and two dogs (papillon named Fenrir, and a terrier boxer mix from the streets of Decatur named Granddad). I've owned all sorts of critters throughout my life - even a mudskipper - but this is my first go-round with terrestrial invertebrates outside of hermit crabs when I was a kid. I am absolutely in love with them and can add "Praying mantis" to a growing list of pets I'd love to have for the rest of my life, up there with papillons, cats, snakes, and axies. 

I'm a chef by trade and I've found pets to be the best way to force myself to relax and appreciate life. Having something to care for that ISN'T a kitchen full of rag tag humans is really, really wonderful.

Attachments

• saturn2021720.jpg
    saturn2021720.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts