Hello everyone

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noble

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Noble I live in northern California. I have a few tarantulas and snakes, now I'm looking to getting a Mantid. The praying mantis has been my favorite insect seance i was little. So i want to do my research so when i get my new pal it can thrive:)

I guess I'm looking for a care-sheet and all the info I can get on different mantids, If someone could point me in the right direction that would be Great! :)

Hiya! Welcome to mantid forum. Some good websties for buying a mantis are Mantis Pets and or Mantis place! Look for a species on some of those websites and then search for a care sheet on google of that species! Good Luck! :D

Welcome from Seattle!

In the "General Mantis" discussion section of these forums, you'll find a thread by Peter discussing general care: http://mantidforum.n...showtopic=20114 From there, your best bet is to probably use the forum's search function to find what you seek (e.g. "species master list" will yield this thread, which contains various mentions of links to species and pictures, such as this one: http://www.hotel-gri...IGM-Nummern.htm ).

Thus there is a wealth of information here, I'm sure you'll soon be equipped and ready - be sure to read the Sellers Feedback section before you make a purchase. At any rate, again, welcome and I hope you share pics of your new pets!

I agree, pick your species and then google "<species> care sheet." mantispets' little heart system is handy for starting reference on easy to keep species. There's a thread here on favorite species for 2011 that I thought was very helpful in constructing a wish list. Except, I want a couple of just about everything. :)

Anyway, welcome!

welcome, i have only been keeping mantids for about 6 months. but have found this forum invaluable. you will too!

p.s. i started my collection with a sexed pair of p. paradoxa "ghosts" and a single female sp. lineola. both have been easy to care for with no real specialized equippment. just some critter keepers from petsmart, hot glued twigs and flowers, substrate, and dailey feeding & misting. follow the care sheets and you will be fine.

Hello and welcome. I am aslo new to this hobby. I found this forum to very useful. I have a Budwing which i read was a good mantis for beginners. I am finding her easy to care for and she eats anything I put in with her.

Thank you everyone :) for the warm welcome and the info the mantis care sheet is exactly what i was looking for! and i will be getting Orins book for sure!

Latest posts