Hello From California

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MX83Drifter

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my names Robert McInerney. I was cleaning up the front yard today when I noticed a mantid hanging out on the window seal of my house. I live in San Diego, California... so from what I've been reading this this would be called a "California Mantis". I would like to know for sure, so I took some picture's of my new friend. Living in California I have an Indoor Garden in my closet. I let the mantid free roam in my closet garden and it seem's it has come to like my Basil Plant. I will soon be getting a habitat for it to live in. This is not my first encouter with mantid's. A close friend of mine has had many over the year's, including now. He has a Male Violin Mantis that's very tame. I also have a planted Freshwater Aquarium. And some people might be wondering about my screen name, well in short I love to drift, cars that is. And I plan on competing at a professional level in 2012. So, thats about it, hello everyone, and thanks for reading.

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

Welcome! The drift scene is very big around here. I Know at least 10 people with sr 240s. My buddy ians is the fastest of the group fully built sr and a gt2876r. And my buddy cleave has an rb25 in his.

@Scarby haha cool man, I've had two 240's now.. my first was an sr powered hatchback. I blew that one up and traded it for a KA powered hatchback... sold that then I got my Toyota Cressida... its turbo now... I drift alot... Ive seen plenty of videos come outa texas too btw. good stuff man.

@Hertarem whats up man, where in CA you live?

Last edited by a moderator:
@frogparty Haha whats up?! carlsbad is close, hello neighbor, haha. were do you go for your habitat supplies? I was thinking of getting stuff online, but might as well shop around town. there is a few places I know of, LLL Reptile, Pet Kingdom.. thats about it, and other smaller shops.

Welcome! The drift scene is very big around here. I Know at least 10 people with sr 240s. My buddy ians is the fastest of the group fully built sr and a gt2876r. And my buddy cleave has an rb25 in his.
hey Scarby...i have actually been to Lewisville...lol. I spent 5 years in Lubbock and once went to Lewisville staying with a college mate during spring break.

Welcome from Seattle! I don't know anything about drifting but I'll remedy that shortly.

I visit San Diego often for business, there's a good chance we'll move there at some point. It would be nice to live somewhere warm enough for wild mantids. :)

@ Jeff... I got a 30gal, i got alot of Java ferns for now, ive had them for a while, i dont have a c02 system so im making due with the plants that dont require it, i also have what seem to be Banana Plant's, they sprouted out of no were. i will get a picture up as soon as i clean it.. :stuart:

@Scarby haha cool man, I've had two 240's now.. my first was an sr powered hatchback. I blew that one up and traded it for a KA powered hatchback... sold that then I got my Toyota Cressida... its turbo now... I drift alot... Ive seen plenty of videos come outa texas too btw. good stuff man.

@Hertarem whats up man, where in CA you live?
. I would like a 240 but its just so popular here, everyone has them. I drive an 07 sti. If you go to youtube and search "nate hamilton" hes one of the local guys who have gone big. You can also search "ian trinidad" hes one of my good friends whos gonna be competing at the pro level this year. He just got his roll cage in a couple weeks ago. Also you can search "stick to drifting" and thats all local guys. Like i said the drift scene is big here lol. Do you have a mod list?

hey Scarby...i have actually been to Lewisville...lol. I spent 5 years in Lubbock and once went to Lewisville staying with a college mate during spring break.
Haha wow small world huh? Ive been to Lubbock a hand full of times, right now im in austin looking for work. Out of everywhere ive been i really do like the Lewisville, Flower mound, Grapevine area the best. Every couple of years i go to California, i have family in Huntington beach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts