Hello from Charlotte, NC

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobilmom

Reaction score
Hello I am Deanna from Charlotte. I have just purchased 3 mantis eggs. Don't know what type they are but I am looking forward to their hatching. I have never had mantis and while waiting on these to hatch my daughter found one in the yard. A small one - I have put it in a container and with the help of the fruit flys that I ordered earlier in prep for the hatching - it is doing great (I consider it my starter mantis). I look forward to getting to know you all better. I have really enjoyed reading all the posts - soooo helpful.

My friends think that my facination with mantis strange. I have collected mantis items for years. Now the real thing. Wish me luck!

Don't know what type the one she caught is but the only description (for my ooth) is this ...PRAYING MANTIS EGG CASES - (Tenodera Aridifolia Sinensis) - sorry I am so new that this is greek to me. But it's the only one I could find on short notice. By the way they came 3 to a pack so I have A LOT of them when they hatch.

Don't know what type the one she caught is but the only description (for my ooth) is this ...PRAYING MANTIS EGG CASES - (Tenodera Aridifolia Sinensis) - sorry I am so new that this is greek to me. But it's the only one I could find on short notice. By the way they came 3 to a pack so I have A LOT of them when they hatch.
Your ooths are chinese then.

Welcome to the forum!!

Im so stoked to see more girls in the group lately, All my friends started calling me bug girl when I started in here, but I collected Butterflies before so they were kinda used to it. But my Mantids are alive unlike the butterflies so I guess it is a bit weird lol.

Yeah, my family and friends think I'm a bit odd, too. For example, we're the only house in the neighborohood that leaves our porch light on almost all night.... AND has even added extra lights to attract a variety of food for our mantid family members. "Bedtime snack harvesting" with nets for all involved has virtually replaced the evening news or movie! LOL My 3 and 5 year old think it's awesome.

Cheers and welcome

Kris

Latest posts