Hello from Illinois!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP77

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I discovered the great experience of owning mantids this summer, when I caught a male subadult T. Sinensis and later an adult female. I did some reading about caring for mantids, and once the male was mature, bred them twice. It took a long time for my female to lay her ooth, but she finally did almost a week ago!

Unfortunately, not long after, she became sluggish, and no longer had the strength to hold on to her branches. She did not want any food, water, or honey when offered, and this morning, passed away. The male had passed a month earlier. I was planning on preserving both the male and female, but the male had part of his wing broken off, so I decided to just preserve the female. She's currently drying on a styrofoam board. It was a great experience for me, and I hope to keep caring for mantids in the future.

In the spring, I hope to hatch the ooth the female T. Sinesis laid, and raise some more exotic species as well!

And for some pictures....

Here's the male when I found him in the flower garden.

WnYToXx.jpg

I let the mantids run around the bar when mating, and they ended up on here, lol.

rNET4Qq.jpg

And my female, all layed out for drying.

QLor3l4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome and interesting pinning. Not quite sure I could do that with mine but neat to see a female wing presentation.

Latest posts