Hello from Illinois!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnival Glass

Reaction score
Hello everyone! 
I'm somewhat new to mantids but have been a lifelong insect lover--I don't know what took me so long to actually adopt some!  :D  I'm from Florida but live in Chicago and honestly didn't expect there to be many mantids here but apparently the city is buzzing with em. I had a lovely mantis for almost a year who gave me several oothecas (which I kept cool til Spring and promptly placed in the backyard).  I'll attach some pics of her~
Recently, I found a special-needs mantis (missing half of an arm and doesn't seem to be able to use the other very well) which I found dangerously close to a busy downtown sidewalk, no trees in sight. I'll post some pics of her later today.
Anyways I'm rambling now..Nice to meet you all!

1490736920497.jpg

1491519987198.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D I have never been to Florida but I hear there are lots of bugs there. When you were living in Florida did you see lots of cool insects?

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D I have never been to Florida but I hear there are lots of bugs there. When you were living in Florida did you see lots of cool insects?
Omg there are SO many bugs there!! Now that I'm in IL it's like night and day (tbh I miss all the buzzing lol). I actually started a journal of every insect I could identify while I was in FL. Filled up pages!  :lol:  There was a million boxelder bugs and stinkbugs (though personally I've never smelled one lol, just handled them gently).

Latest posts