Hello from Kansas!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynastesKing

Reaction score
Hello All, my name is Justin Bailey and I am from Salina, Kansas. I have studied Entomology since I was very young and have always had a passion for insects even as an adult with three daughters. My main focus has always been with beetles, but there are several species of mantids and sticks that appear to be very interesting captives. So, I am new to the phasmid hobby and look forward to learning all about it and hopefully find some of the species that I would like to work with on here!

Nice to meet you all!

Blessings

-Justin

Welcome.

Well we have some phasmid talk but I think you meant mantodea talk.

Welcome to the forum! I saw your post for G gongylodes, as this is your first run about with mantids, I suggest you start with an easier species. Like the p paradoxica part of your ad. Start with an easier species such as ghosts or most stagmomantis sp. hierodula sp, or sphodromantis sp. I don't question your entomological skillz, but you have to get used to these guys and this hobby is a lot of trial and error... most of the beginner questions have been answered multiple times here, so do a lot of reading and looking through the many threads here. As afore mentioned, welcome to the forum, and hobby. Enjoy your new addiction :lol:

Cheers,

Andrew

Latest posts