Hello from Las Vegas!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerHobo

Reaction score
New to mantids (I'm a beetle guy), but really enjoying the experience so far. An unidentified wild caught nymph from work kickstarted me on this road, and I've got a newly-L3 R megaera from Peter now as well. It's amazing how different the personalities are between the two. I look forward to learning from you all via aggressive lurking!

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully you’ll learn lots about mantids here, and we can learn about your beetles too.

Congratulations on your new shield mantis! Someone might be able to sex him here for you after his next molt. Same goes for identifying the wild mantis nymph. 

Good luck with your new little guys!

Welcome, and have fun with your new mantids! Also, don't hesitate to turn that lurking into asking a question if needed. :)

Thanks, everbody!

Congratulations on your new shield mantis! Someone might be able to sex him here for you after his next molt. Same goes for identifying the wild mantis nymph. 
I'm actually pretty sure my shield is a male after playing around with a macro lens (which was surprisingly hard to use). I'm counting 8 segments unless I'm starting/ending in the wrong place, but that's a question for another thread.

IMG_2855.jpg

The unidentified nymph is going to be a lot harder to get any pictures of. It's hyper-skittish and runs any time I even walk by its container.

Welcome! The nymph in the picture looks female to me. Are you counting the segments on the underside of the abdomen or the top! I hope you can tame that unidentified one!

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts