Hello From Long Island

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mh987

Reaction score
Hello!  I'm from Long Island.  I started with mantises about two years ago.  I've had Chinese Mantises, including the one I have now.  ?

Welcome to this amazing forum! Are you wanting to get some exotic species, or just stick to Chinese? If you’re on the fence about it, I would definitely go ahead and order some exotic ones. As cool as the Chinese are (and they’re still one of my favorites), raising exotic ones is just so cool and satisfying. With Mantids, more than any other kind of exotic pet I can think of, there is just sooo much variety. You have the delicate-looking orchids (which are surprisingly aggressive), and the downright scary (if I’m honest) Devil’s Flower mantis. 

Anyway, good luck with your mantids!

Thanks everyone!  I'm really excited to be here.  As of right now, I just have my one Chinese Mantis @ausar318.  I have been thinking of branching out since a lot of my Chinese mantids seem to mismolt all the time.  I read on here before that they seem to be prone to it for some reason.

Yes, Chinese can mismolt pretty easily. You should try ghosts! They are easy to care for, friendly, and communal. I love them.

- MantisGirl13

anyone can help me im new to mantis keeping one of my mantises eyes looks off

20180911_024503.jpg