Hello from Missouri

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midwest Mantis Man

Reaction score
Hello I am new to mantis raising but am excited to learn about my mantid's if you know what kind of mantid's live in Missouri please give me a shout I have about 40 that hatched from my Christmas tree lol best holiday ever

Welcome.

You probably have S. carolina (Carolina mantis), T. sinensis (Chinese mantis), and maybe M. religiosa (European mantis). I am not sure if you have European mantis though but I suppose it is possible. I grew up in IL and we didn't have them.

I'm from Missouri too. Where are you? I live in St. Louis. If only 40 hatched, it was probably carolina mantids. Chinese usually hatch a lot more.

Hey guys thank you for the warm welcome and I'm from Kansas City area and there are a lot more but I only have room to keep about forty lol wish I could keep them all there were just too many I hope they are Carolina mantis they get to a nice size they are doing well and loving their fruit flies and moss sticks

Latest posts