Hello from NE Ohio

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azgnoinc

Reaction score
My name is Gene & I live in far NE Ohio (about 2 miles south of Lake Erie). I'm new to getting into mantids, but have been fascinated by them since I was a kid. I hope to learn a lot here on the forums before getting into any of the more exotic species. I am currently awaiting the arrival of 2 Chinese mantid oothecas & I'm sure I am going to have plenty of questions, so thanks for any info/knowledge you care to share.

hello! i have cousins up there not too far from you. People here have so much info to share, if you have questions just ask! I'm pretty new too, i like just finished asking a bunch of question a week or two ago. I dont have many mantids but hope to get into more species. You will get sucked into this hobby! or at least thats what happened to me. I thought i was just going to keep a single ghost but that grew to 4 violins, 15 creos, 1 ghost, 1 shield. Enjoy!

Welcome from Yuma, AZ!

When I tried to check out N.E. Ohio on Google maps, it was blank except for the words "Terra Incognita". Does that have something to do with Congressman Kucinich? :lol:

Hi Gene!
wave.gif

I'm sorry, I had to do it.
fun_84.gif

Lots of great info here! IMO you might start culturing fruit flies in anticipation of the ooths hatching, or get your sources of food lined up so you are ready for the Mantis Invasion.

Hi Gene!
wave.gif

I'm sorry, I had to do it.
fun_84.gif

Lots of great info here! IMO you might start culturing fruit flies in anticipation of the ooths hatching, or get your sources of food lined up so you are ready for the Mantis Invasion.
Yeah, and that's about the most important advice for anyone starting out in this hobby. If your fruit flies arrive two weeks too early, you can learn about culturing them. If they arrive two weeks too late, you'll have a bunch of dead mantids and nothing to feed the flies to.

Latest posts