Hello from New Orleans

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todomantis

Reaction score
Hello all, 

My name is Torrie and my very first mantis, a male hierodula venosa, just reached adulthood yesterday! I can't wait to learn from and meet more people in the hobby through the forum.✌️

Thanks for the welcome Synapze. And yea it's kind of wierd seeing Mr. Miyagi (my hierodula venosa) with wings. I just hope he'll be able to fly without any trouble because I had to help him molt by holding him up for an hour and a half because he molted from a branch in his enclosure that was lower than any of his previous six molts. Only time will tell though so we'll see!

welcome :)

Good you saved Mr. Miyagi from a terrible mismolt. I had to do this 2x with a mantis of mine.

Can you show us a pic of Mr. Miyagi? (we love mantis pics)

Hello all, 

My name is Torrie and my very first mantis, a male hierodula venosa, just reached adulthood yesterday! I can't wait to learn from and meet more people in the hobby through the forum.✌️
I have a couple goldens too, both female L6. One just molted a couple days back succesfully. Her sister fell while.molting a few days prior. I didnt know to hold her up, so her joints are stiff and I'll be hand feeding her theough her next molt. I figured it out when one of my M. caffras perched low and I had to use forceps to hold it by its molt til it was done. Wish idve known for the mismolted golden. Her name is Hope.

Welcome to the forum, Torrie!

👊😎

welcome :)

Good you saved Mr. Miyagi from a terrible mismolt. I had to do this 2x with a mantis of mine.

Can you show us a pic of Mr. Miyagi? (we love mantis pics)
Forum, meet Mr. Miyagi😃

Snapchat-1448736477-1.jpg

I have a couple goldens too, both female L6. One just molted a couple days back succesfully. Her sister fell while.molting a few days prior. I didnt know to hold her up, so her joints are stiff and I'll be hand feeding her theough her next molt. I figured it out when one of my M. caffras perched low and I had to use forceps to hold it by its molt til it was done. Wish idve known for the mismolted golden. Her name is Hope.

Welcome to the forum, Torrie!

👊😎
Sorry to here that about hope. I hope (no pun intended) she can shake back with her next molt! I literally had to lift Miyagi up off of the ground by the branch he was hanging on and hold him up until he slipped out of his old skin. It's a miracle he's still alive and well with his wings in tact!🙏

Sorry to here that about hope. I hope (no pun intended) she can shake back with her next molt! I literally had to lift Miyagi up off of the ground by the branch he was hanging on and hold him up until he slipped out of his old skin. It's a miracle he's still alive and well with his wings in tact!🙏
Of course, thats what I should've done regardless of the possible outcome. She had sustained tissue damage from the trip here (see my venosa thread in Mantid Photos) and was weakened already. Had I suspended her though she would have dried up with more joint freedom. I think so anyway.

But I panicked. My first molt was a bad molt. No old chitin on her though. 😩

Mr.Miyagi is a sweet lookin' mantis!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Forum! Mr. Miyagi is an awesome name for an adorable mantis!

- MantisGirl13

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Everyone in the forum is so inviting to newcomers  its great.

Latest posts