Hello from North Carolina! (I have a question)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tysm! If they are fertile they should hatch soon, so we’ll see.
You might want to try returning the ootheca if you can get your money back for it. It is possible that it is a dead ootheca and the seller doesn't guarantee ooths to hatch. It could even be a dead fertile ootheca, and so you wouldn't be able to tell whether it was already dead when you received it or if it died in your care after you received it.

You might want to try returning the ootheca if you can get your money back for it. It is possible that it is a dead ootheca and the seller doesn't guarantee ooths to hatch. It could even be a dead fertile ootheca, and so you wouldn't be able to tell whether it was already dead when you received it or if it died in your care after you received it.
I’ll probably try and return it.

I’m in Wake Forest too!
Wow, great! Maybe you could meet me here at the seminary in Wake Forest, and I could give you some Ghost mantis nymphs. I have a bunch now. I also have way too many Texas unicorn mantis nymphs if you would like a bunch of those.

Tysm! If they are fertile they should hatch soon, so we’ll see.
Good luck. Sorry, this happened to you. USmantis is a well-known scammer in this hobby so be careful in the future. There's a feedback thread on this forum to let you know who's a reliable breeder and who isn't!

got any presub or sub males?
Yes, actually I do happen to have one sub-adult Ghost mantis male. Are you in need of a male? He was slowed down in growth so that I didn't have to feed him for months I think. I kept him cold. I just started keeping him warmer again a couple weeks ago, and have fed him and given him water to drink.
I have two adult males too, but I don't know how much longer those two will live.

Last edited:
Yes, actually I do happen to have one sub-adult Ghost mantis male. Are you in need of a male? He was slowed down in growth so that I didn't have to feed him for months I think. I kept him cold. I just started keeping him warmer again a couple weeks ago, and have fed him and given him water to drink.
I have two adult males too, but I don't know how much longer those two will live.
oh i meant the texas unicorns