Hello from Northern California!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm Matt and I have kept birds for close to 4 years and have just gotten into mantids. For now I just want to keep them as pets, but in the future I am looking to breed and photograph/record them. The first mantis I got was an Egyptian Pygmy named Psycho Mantis that I got a little over 2 weeks ago and my second is an Orchid named Genesect that came in just last week. Both are doing awesome and feeding on fruit flies, honey and bee pollen. At some point I have a Painted Wing and Budwing coming in, hopefully this week. If anyone has tips for me on the Painted Wing that would be awesome! The mantids I am most interested in are the Metallic Bark Mantis, Glass Mantis and the California Mantis.

Genesect.jpg

Psycho Mantis.jpg

Hello Matt and welcome
welcome5.gif

No idea about the Painted Mantis to be honest. Seems Peter had them at one point at BugsInCyberspace and said they were relatively unknown in the US. Might be best to contact him for details about it as he had them and might know. ;)

Latest posts