Hello from Santa Barbara, CA

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r3n0

Reaction score
Hello All,

Long time lurker here.

A bit about me; I have have always been fascinated about mantids, especially as a kid. Every summer I would buy some Chinese oothecas and rear those guys in small tanks and such.

Now that I am a big older I have gotten into getting rarer species. Right now, I have 5 ghost mantids, all around L4-L5, and looking to get more other species!

I am actually in the process of building a social networking style web app for mantis owners. As a mantis owner you can post stats about your mantis, upload photos, browse all other mantids in the database, leave comments and hopefully I will implement a badge or achievement style system. For the mantis stats, what stats would be important for you guys to post about your mantis? So far, I have:

• Nickname
  • Scientific name
  • Common name
  • born on date
  • molt count
  • life cycle state
  • description
I am open to taking any suggestions!

BTW I attached screenshots of my enclosures. Thanks!

photo 3 (1).JPG

photo 2 (1).JPG

Thanks! Does anyone have suggestions for additional fields for the mantis site? Thanks!

Welcome. Wow. Umm, how about organize the mantis species people write about into families and genera or a search engine that works on the site. Hatch date and ootheca laid date. What is a life cycle state?

Welcome, from up north, slightly!

You should model your app after a pokedex somehow. Have it show how many people currently possess each species, and other group stats.

Latest posts