Hello from SoCal!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasael

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Kasael. I just got my first mantis (Sphodromantis lineola... L4 nymph? still pretty small) a couple months ago, and I'm so endeared that I'm looking to get another (probably a flower mantis??). I've always loved catching bugs, so it's great having a pet that'll eat my catches. He loves climbing on my things (supervised, of course) and eating flying insects. (And the occasional banana bit...)

1G25o4G.jpg

Hello Kasael and welcome to the forum :)

Very nice, did you give "him" a name? Ah, sounds like you are bitten by the mantid bug too, always room for another. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all! ^^

@CosbyArt Yeah, he's named Truck Reznor, which is a... really stupid joke about my favorite musician. Just Truck for short. (Going to take a lot of restraint to not name my incoming one "Car".)

@CosbyArt Yeah, he's named Truck Reznor, which is a... really stupid joke about my favorite musician. Just Truck for short. (Going to take a lot of restraint to not name my incoming one "Car".)
Ah okay,I know NIN, but not sure of the truck bit. ;) You could always name the next one Car Ross then after, Atticus, or perhaps Auto Ross to keep the initials the same as you did with TR. :D

Heyas and welcome to forum. Be warned though. This can become a very dangerous hobby. Something like eating potato chips but you do no weight gain.

@Zeppy44 Yeah, I ordered another mantis... and ended up receiving two instead. If anything, I'm going to end up losing weight catching enough food for them...

@crabbypatty Cool! They're very charming. I hope mine does as well as yours has.

Latest posts