Hello from Spain

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingoftheghosts

Reaction score
Hi! I'm H, I made this account with my mom because I recently got a mantis and I've been coming to this forum for help, so I decided to make an account. I just got my first praying mantis a few weeks ago, she is a female giant shield mantis (rhombodera kirbyi) named Choppy. She was an L3 when she got here, but just this morning she molted. Here is a picture of Choppy:

IMG_20240929_153959817_HDR.jpg

Now that she's molted, we're going to add some plants and some isopods to make her terrarium bioactive.

That is so cute! It is very exciting when you watch them grow and have successful molts! I usually stay up all night in case they need me to help! I use a warm mist humidifier to give them some extra humidity when I notice they are getting closer to molting. They start eating less, getting lighter in color, stay in a particular spot, wiggle more and feet may look darker. During that time, I keep everything super quiet for the next few days and resist handling until a day or so after a molt. I hope you continue to learn from your little buddy! I am anticipating getting another one mine soon too! Getting an Australian Giant Mantis.BTW welcome!

Latest posts