Hello from Washington :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animalexplorer

Reaction score
All right, I never posted in the 'Introduce Yourself' section, how rude of me especially knowing that I joined way back in 2007. Anyway, I live in Washington state I have 4 incredible kids. I've owned a textile print shop(mostly t-shirts) for 12 years. I eventually joined Microsoft as a software test engineer, then I started getting back into photography which I do currently, although mostly as a freelance wildlife photographer. I travel sometimes to really exotic places in the western hemisphere in Central and South America finding myself in the rainforest looking for really cool animals to photograph. My work has appeared in publications, museums, as well as products. I originally started an online web animal encyclopedia called AnimalExplorer, but because of the enormous size of the project and cost(economy could be better), I have taken it down until I feel that it is ready for public viewing, and hopefully find more sponsorship. In the meantime I am doing photography as much as I can. I have been fascinated with mantids for some time, plus they make for great photo subjects, hopefully with the help of the members of this forum I can accumulate a nice archive of mantids photos for my project.

I would also like to thank all the members that I have dealt with and for their kind replies in guiding me with knowledge on this fascinating subject of mantids. I originally use to get my mantids from DeShawn from MantidKingdom but unfortunately he does not produce and sell anymore to the main public as far as I know, which brought me back to the Mantid forum.

Here is a small sample of some images I have photographed. enjoy! :)

6410632-lg.jpg

7446435-lg.jpg

6412231-lg.jpg

6561222-lg.jpg

10794911-lg.jpg

12267450-lg.jpg

12537032-lg.jpg

11366490-lg.jpg

Hercules-Beetle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have been here nearly four years. No intro needed.I consider you grandfathered in ahaha. Awesome pics!

Thank you 3 x's Mark!

Thank you Patrick! I am always looking for colorful animals to photograph, but then I'm also looking for really unusual, strange & bizarre.

Rebecca, nothing is nicer than yours. :)

Larry, I sent you a job application. :D

I'm guessing a wereshark is sorta like a werewolf? Thank You!

Thank you Phil 6x's

Yeah, I kind of feel like I snuck in the back door when no one was looking. If you ever watched the movie 'Real Genious' with Val Kilmer, I would be the mysterious guy who goes in the closet and disapears without a trace.

Thank you! I like bugs too! ;)

Thanks everyone glad you like the images. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts