Hello im from texas

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SneakyMantis

Reaction score
hello i am sneakymantis i live in tx and i want to know why one of my mantises eyes look like this 

20180911_024503.jpg

I think your mantis is fine, just tried to track prey through the side of her/his cage, and rubbed his eye on the side of the cage. I have a Tenodera that has the same problem.

- MantisGirl13

welcome.

I think your mantis is fine, one of my mantids had a spot on his eye after a molt.  The next molt is was gone. Your mantis is not an adult yet, so maybe the next molt it will be gone too.

anyone know what type of mantis it is and i usually feed it small grass hoppers or crickets sometimes moths

its eyes are usually red but they turn grey sometimes going to look for a cricket for it to eat is feeding it once a day enough?

That is normal. Feeding it once a day should be fine, but don't worry about keeping a strict feeding schedule;it is ok to miss a day or two if he is getting fat. It is definitely a Stagmomantis sp.

- MantisGirl13

I am glad we can help. That is neat, a baby leopard gecko! 

- MantisGirl13

yup i got it away from my job and let it go around my apartment just put 3 small crickets and a medium one i think it got the medium one lol he looks full

20180912_133036.jpg

Looks like an adult male Stagmomantis (possibly limbata or carolina?). Nice little fella!

Last edited by a moderator: