hello, mantis newbie here.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanchez

Reaction score
Hey people. I'm entirely new to mantids, although have kept leaf insects and snakes for a while. I don't actually remember buying this mantis but it's here now so no choice but care for it to the best of my ability although have a load of questions I'll ask when I've explored the forum a bit. Hope everyone is keeping well. I'm in the UK, we're not really sure if still on lockdown or not but petshops are allowed to trade, just unable to get hold of anything live to sell. My  mantis is a nymph giant shield. Cheers, Rob.

If it's an adult taking care of it shouldn't be too hard. You can take care of an adult 2" long mantis by tossing it a bug every so often. . . daily or so? That's what I did with my first mantises and they lived for a couple months. I'll admit it may not be the best model :)

Welcome 😊 im from the UK too, all the petshops around me have still been carrying on as normal. I've even sold some mantids to one of my local ones during lockdown.

Latest posts