Hello

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRicardo

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls,

I'm Richard from Hungary, Budapest, I am 26. I always collected bugs as a kid, and once I found my first mantis, M. religiosa, its local and the only spec. here. I sucesfully raised about 50 little nymphs to adulthood...it vas about 12 years ago... After a while I have been working in the Budapest Zoo Bughouse, so I have the opportunity to get to know other spec. like orchids, Sp. species, Pseudocreoboter ocellata and whalbergii etc... we breed them sucesfully. Now I got back to these sweet little things with 4 violins, about 4th-5th instar. They doing great! Hopefully one of them is a male, just thatone is too small to tell for sure, much smaller than others, seems like 3rd instar by the size. I am planning to get other species too sometimes. I also keep leopard geckos and a panther chameleon, and their feeders: dubia and lateralis (turkistan) roaches, locusts, superworms, lesser mealworms, fruitflyes and occasionally crix and bb flyes.

I am glad that i found this forum, showed by a friend from the chameleonforums.com (SSimsswiSS), so here I am to read and learn more about these little aliens.

Good luck! :)

R.

Hello guys and girls,

I'm Richard from Hungary, Budapest, I am 26. I always collected bugs as a kid, and once I found my first mantis, M. religiosa, its local and the only spec. here. I sucesfully raised about 50 little nymphs to adulthood...it vas about 12 years ago... After a while I have been working in the Budapest Zoo Bughouse, so I have the opportunity to get to know other spec. like orchids, Sp. species, Pseudocreoboter ocellata and whalbergii etc... we breed them sucesfully. Now I got back to these sweet little things with 4 violins, about 4th-5th instar. They doing great! Hopefully one of them is a male, just thatone is too small to tell for sure, much smaller than others, seems like 3rd instar by the size. I am planning to get other species too sometimes. I also keep leopard geckos and a panther chameleon, and their feeders: dubia and lateralis (turkistan) roaches, locusts, superworms, lesser mealworms, fruitflyes and occasionally crix and bb flyes.

I am glad that i found this forum, showed by a friend from the chameleonforums.com (SSimsswiSS), so here I am to read and learn more about these little aliens.

Good luck! :)

R.
Welcome Richard! I'm rather new to this too, but had to say hi because my family is originally from Hungary. I believe when I was young (MANY MANY YEARS AGO!) we visited Budapest - beautiful city with alot of history! We also visited Sopron. What an interesting place you work at!!!

Hi guys and girls,

I havent been here for long time, because of the lack of the time. Now I am getting back to the hobby again with some Idolomantises, Plistospilota and Rhombodera basalis. :)

So I am just sending an "I am alive" sign to all of you! :D