Hello

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kllinke

Reaction score
Hi I am new to mantidforum, I am also pretty new mantis owner. I hatched 4 ootheca that I ordered this spring to release on our property. When the first one hatched I waa hooked. I let the majority of them go and was able to watch allot of them grow to adults. I was so fascinated I had to keep one of the babies to watch and observe. The last egg that hatched had some problems I am not real sure what happened but only about four survived. A few of them had some molting issues in the beginning I have one female still that has just had her dinal molt. She had some issues with an early molt and her back legs were stuck I was successful in helping her to get out of the old skin one of her legs is still a hair shorter in the back. But she is healthy I am hoping to mate her soon. I have two more females one the one I have kept from the first hatching. She is getting pretty plump and I am hoping she will lay her ooth soon. I am hoping she is anyway due to the fact that she seems to be not eating much and is pretty much staying in the same spot. I am enjoying this site so full of information.

Latest posts