hello

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casperkpr

Reaction score
Great to be here. Looking forward to learning more about mantids and other creatures. I have some ghosts,a giant African, and a spiney mantis.

Ghost, Spiney and the giant African eating a cricket.

IMG_20150325_210809_265-1.jpg

IMG_20150325_211324_419.jpg

IMG_20150325_210548_997-1.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum
welcome4.gif

You have several great looking mantises. I too love the green color of your Ghost. ;)

Thanks everyone! I was surprised at the color of this mantis. Didn't know they have so many color variations. Hopefully I can get him to breed. Does anyone know if the green color would be more common in his siblings? Or are the different colors a more random occurrence? Does food or environment causes different colors? Thanks!

Thanks everyone! I was surprised at the color of this mantis. Didn't know they have so many color variations. Hopefully I can get him to breed. Does anyone know if the green color would be more common in his siblings? Or are the different colors a more random occurrence? Does food or environment causes different colors? Thanks!
Seems for the most part the coloration is genetic, but there is a experiment about the colors of the Ghost (Phyllocrania paradoxa) underway. Here is the topic Color morph experiment in Phyllocrania paradoxa (Environmental trigger), and there are many opinions from keepers posted there as well.

Latest posts