Hello!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Long-time invertebrate keeper and breeder, just got into mantids. I've kept tarantulas for over 20 years and currently have a collection of 80+. Got into mantids because someone offered a trade for some of my T's via Arachnoboards and since then I've been hooked! Only have a single R. megaera and a wild caught adult Mantis religiosa, but I've got another group of mantises coming this week.

On here to be able to buy, sell, and trade.

Nice! I’ve always been interested in getting a tarantula, but I haven’t been able to bring myself to do it. How hard/easy are they to keep? What kinds do you have? And the big question, would you trade some to me?!? Lol!

Anyway, welcome to the forum! If you’re looking for awesome people with tons of knowledge about mantids, you’ve definitely come to the right place. 

Nice! I’ve always been interested in getting a tarantula, but I haven’t been able to bring myself to do it. How hard/easy are they to keep? What kinds do you have? And the big question, would you trade some to me?!? Lol!

Anyway, welcome to the forum! If you’re looking for awesome people with tons of knowledge about mantids, you’ve definitely come to the right place. 
If you're used to keeping mantises, I would say that tarantulas (mostly) are easier to care for and are more tolerant of mistakes! I started with the typical Grammostola rosea ("Chilean Rose"), but now I keep many different species. I would say my favorites are Poecilotheria spp. (metallica, regalis, subfusca), dwarf tarantulas (Hapalopus spp., Cyriocosumus spp.), and a few other random ones (Harpactira pulchripes, Idiothele mira, Lampropelma vioalceopes). 

I'm always open to trades or purchases! PMs welcome and you can check my reviews on Arachnoboards (kyahalhai21311) if you would like. :D  Glad to be joining the mantis community!