Hello!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noivurn

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! 

I'm Tabby. I'm 24, born in Pennsylvania but now living in Texas, and despite a lifelong love of bugs am fairly new to keeping inverts! 

I got my pet mantis, Enigma the Giant Asian Mantis, a week or two ago from bugsincyberspace, and they just molted for the first time (since I've had them) yesterday - I'm so excited to continue to watch them grow! 

Aside from my mantis, I have 3 Madagascar hissing cockroaches (+8 nymphs), 4 Halloween hissers, 7 mice, 2 newly acquired spiny mice, and a cat. I love animals of all sorts, and am hope to work with them one day. Since getting my roaches in April, I've learned that I really enjoy keeping inverts, so I'm looking forward to expanding my horizons to add some more bug pets to the family if I can! 

I also love writing, drawing, and video games! 

@MantisMart @hibiscusmile @MrGhostMantis Thank you all for the warm welcomes! ☺️

MrGhostMantis - That's awesome! What else do we have in common (mantids are a given lol)? 😄

I'd love to find more invert-friendly people to chat with, if anyone would like to add me on Discord! My handle is krogan queen tabby#5445 

Oh, and here's a pic of little Enigma! And their gallery.

enigma.jpg

aww. So cute. I love giant asian nymphs. They start out so small, but grow so big.

@MantisGirl13 @hysteresis Thank you so much for the welcomes! :D

@MantisMart Thank you!! I'm so excited for them to grow up!!  

@MrGhostMantis That's awesome - I'd love to chat more if you want 😄

And don't worry, the little cup in those pictures is just the cup that I got the little guy in! This is their current setup, and I already have an 8x12x13 container for when they get bigger! 

enclosure.jpg

engima in encl.jpg

enigma encl.jpg

Looks good. Is the lid mesh? Ive had many problems with lids that are not mesh as they fall during molts. Mantids tend to molt on the lid often.

@MantisMart It is! I cut out a large circle of the plastic lid, and then hot glued some mesh over the opening. 

And thank you both, I'm pretty happy with it! I'm excited for when I get to make the big enclosure and get Enigma settled in, but I don't want to yet while it's so small. 

Ok cool! I’m sure she will have a great life with you. It’s crazy that an insect can become attached to a person, and prefer them over others! Enjoy ur mantis :)

Latest posts