HELP! MANTIS IN WASHING MACHINE!! :(

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
recent pics:

7405035486_fb05b44328.jpg

7405035922_2372e2dfc6.jpg

Amazing!!! She looks pretty good after what she went through. You must have revived her in the drier set on fluff?

Well I'll be! If she recovers, it will be nothing short of a miracle! You could just be the miracle worker!

You've got me and all my Irish luck for her survival!!!

Multispinas are QUITE hardy from my personal experience with my Scyther. A few molts ago, I left my Multispina and my Chinese out in the sun, and forgot about them for like 15 minutes, just assuming they could handle the sun. Never agin will I leave a mantis out in the sun. I got to Scyther just in time. He was on his back, and couldn't move. I felt so terrible. I quickly rushed him inside, took him out of the cage, sprinkled some water on him, even cried because of what I had done. Scyther literally started drinking my tears. I had to go to work, so I could only hope for the best. I thought when I got back he'd be a goner, but he survived. I put a crystal on top of the cage before I left, hoping it might bring him and Scizor luck. They both survived! At this moment, they're very healthy and doing great.

I can only wish you luck with your Multispina though! A washing machine is bad news. If she lives, it will be another Multispina miracle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mantids are the closest relatives to Cockroaches you know? No wonder she survived :D

Just like the old joke: What survives after a nuclear war? 3 cockroaches and Keith Richards :p

How do these crazy things keep happening to these poor bugs?

Makes me sad reading all of these forums.

I dont want to offend anyone but it seems like some of you guys are kinda reckless with these things.

I mean after reading all these topics about baking mantids in the sun in cups, losing them in the washing machine, smushing them, losing them in your house only to find them dead under a piece a furniture.

You gotta remember these a fragile exotic insects.

Just please, to everyone, be more careful with these creatures.

Edit: Wow!

just looked at pics!

She's doing well for being in a washing machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is a first. I am glad she managed to pull through. I hope she continues to recover.

I wonder if she is from stock? If so? Washer machiner no problem. I bet she did a great job cleaning those clothes. Now tell her to get in the kitchen, and make you a sandwich!