Help With Attracting/Catching House Flies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have a dog and have been attempting, unfortunately I'll approach and they just fly off! Nonetheless it's so far been the most successful way haha!Thanks for the suggestion.
You can purchase a butterfly net. This works the best for catching them. I can picture it now. You hovering over a pile of poo smacking it with a fly swatter! :lol:

You can purchase a butterfly net. This works the best for catching them. I can picture it now. You hovering over a pile of poo smacking it with a fly swatter! :lol:
GrenadeRightBackatMe.gif
:lol:

(That's the closest smilie I could find for poo blowing up in your face, hehe) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I've built the fly trap from the link Kattnapper sent me, and so far nothing. I've made a mixture of dog food water and yeast in another cup, so we'll see what gets better results :)

Update*** with flies...so far the dog food mix in a cup seems to be doing alotttttttttttttttt better, the only problem is you've kinda gotta stay outside and when they land cup it. Other than so far so good. The trap also seems to be doing well, so far caught to blue bottles, and some kinda green fly i think its a horse fly. So far the dog food cup has caught me well over 30 flies... although i only have one mantis at the moment :D , so plenty of food for her lol! WHat i'm noticing in the dog food cup are very very tiny white or cream colored pellets that are no larger then one of these ". are these eggs??? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts