Help with crickets...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:S Black flies down here are the HUGE fat bird-sized flies that make helicopter like sounds... they are annoying..

I ve done that the last few days... nothing :S well, too bad...

:S Black flies down here are the HUGE fat bird-sized flies that make helicopter like sounds... they are annoying.. I ve done that the last few days... nothing :S well, too bad...
Oh! We have flies like that in Yuma, too. The locals call them buitres! :D :lol:

Obviously, there must be flies around to produce the maggots. You might try making up the mixture I mention here: http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14414, put a whole batch in a large, wide mouthed bowl, leave it outside and let the flies do their thing. If you use a glass, Pyrex, bowl, you should be able to see the maggots crawling around, and when they get big enough, you can just add enough water to force them to the surface and pick them out and put them in a deli pot with some moist paper. You must be careful though, to always keep the mixture moist, or it will dry out, turn to concrete and entomb whatever's inside.I really hope that this works for you.

mmm but isnt it easier to have crickets?

They are stinkier and kinda uglier but at least they dont fly :p

if you give them subtrate and clean there containers weekly then the smell is VERY minimal, if you respect the cricket itll respect you lol

Latest posts