Help

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashmantis62

Reaction score
Hi there so yesterday I fed my mantis and I fed him a house fly. I was amazed because he actually took it down and ate it. After he finished I put him in a shelf because his abdomen was really huge. Then a while later my friend comes over and accidentally made the mantis fall and his abdomen popped. There was a slit on its abdomen so I let it rest and hoping it would heal later on I noticed a huge bump or a type of scab on it. Can you guys tell me if it will be alright thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The scab is normal and good since it will keep him from bleeding out and hopefully keep any nasties out that can create an internal infection. Make sure to give lots of water to rehydrate for any blood lost. There is a good chance he will survie this, but only time will tell. Depending on when his next shedding is, things can be a bit hit or miss as to if the exoskeleton underneath forms properly or could re-open during his next shedding.

Yep, you can just mist a little water infront of him and if he is thirsty he should bend to drink some of the droplets up.

Hold off on the food for a couple of days. Maybe day after tomorrow. Honey is good inside and out.

Latest posts