Here comes the future... Lytro!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry what? I don't know much about photography.
A version that is a real fully functional high resolution camera. Once they work out all the software algorithms you'll be able to see all portions of the image in focus at the same time. That's what they're working on next.

isnt stacking the method currently used to create an image that has good focus across depth by "combining" multiple pictures do capture different fields of focus?

isnt stacking the method currently used to create an image that has good focus across depth by "combining" multiple pictures do capture different fields of focus?
Yes, but stacking is a laborious process. Really detailed stacking requires a completely still subject (think dead bugs) or the automated algorithms inherit ugly artifacts. Conversely, manual stacking is very time consuming. I generally manually stack no more than 2 or 3 images, whereas deep stacks of dead insects can be composed of hundreds of images.

Would be truly amazing to capture everything in a single shot! That is a very exciting concept. Would revolutionize macro photography.

Just imagine if I could have all the detail of both flies in one shot...

Flies_1845-sm.jpg

And a shot like this would take one shot instead of two and have everything in sharp focus...

Unicorna-f_0018-sm.jpg

Latest posts