Here There be Ghosts

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerHobo

Reaction score
B469_A3_CC_B9_C0_46_D4_BB6_E_065354_E00_FE3.jpg

My first Phyllocrania paradoxa! This little guy/gal was eager to explore outside the shipping container, and showed zero fear being the first one out with no coaxing whatsoever. Of the 4 I received, 3 of them were perfectly calm and curious, and the last was just a little wary of crawling onto my finger. All of them took D hydei from forceps perfectly and without hesitation, which is something I haven't gotten to experience so far, so was very cool. Fingers are crosses for a breedable pair, but I'm just happy to have them either way!

I left them all in the same container (which is how they came) just until I get home, and unfortunately I just caught two of them striking at each other pretty aggressively. I was able to break it up just by opening the lid, so I separated them all out individually. One of the two that were going at it is missing a walking leg now, which I definitely didn't notice when they arrived, and I just noticed one of the others appears to be suffering from droopy abdomen. Fingers crossed they all pull through.

It is adorable! Good luck with the nymphs. Where did you get them? 

- MantisGirl13

Cool! I love my ghosts. My female just started laying oothecas! I will have baby ghosts this winter and I am so excited!

- MantisGirl13

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts