Here's Looking at you.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilinYuma

Reaction score
I hope that no one will think me presumptuous for posting this. It is intended as a one-post thread. I am doing it partly to keep myself honest and partly so that Sunny, as Sabra Clark , will one day do what everyone does sooner or later and Google her name and read it.

Sunny and i have lived in each other's pockets for nearly a decade, since she was a plump nine year old who walked with me for exercise and who had an alarming habit of hitting me (hard!) in the chest as we walked and who would talk none stop all the time we were out. Now we spend a lot of time in her room discussing Important Things or in the kitchen, concocting Wonderful Creations (she is the only person with whom I can work in the kitchen without becoming highly irritated!).

The time that I spend with the Kid is certainly the happiest of my life, but when she started talking about going to live with her boyfriend in California, I was delighted and gave her all the support that I could, though, of course, she would have gone with or without my help!

So, on February 17th she will leave Yuma for good and our sojourn will be over. We are not particularly good on the phone and worse on Email (that's for old folks") but perhaps we will do better on Skype, who knows?

I shall have great difficulty mourning her loss and will not be a particularly nice person to be around or receive posts from for the next month or so, so I shall stop posting on this forum, a until I feel that I am fit to be around.Let's hope that I don't sink to looping "Che faro senza " or watching grainy copies of the Bogart movie (Here''s looking at you Kid!).

And, Sunny, know what I have always tacitly implied, that you are the great love of my life and will always remain so.

O.K. folks. I'll catch you later, and don't forget, even though I am not posting, I shall be watching you!

You are the number one reason why i come to this forum.

Your incite to life and all things mantis related, always keeps me coming back.

We will miss you dearly.

Harry

We'll be here when you're ready, and even if you need to bend an ear through the process.

All the best!

*hugs* and warm tidings to you Phil, I'm sorry for this change and I hope the transition goes more smoothly than you expect. Perhaps you'll reconsider your plans to depart the board, as hobbies and friends (even virtual, text based ones) can be a blessing during tough times.

I hope she does stumble across this thread and see your sentiments as well as the gratitude and appreciation that you've earned. I would suggest printing out a copy though, as these boards are unlikely to be around as long as the paper is (I hope I'm wrong!)

I don't know much about your situation but as someone who packed her only son off to college last fall, I definitely sympathize.

And I very much enjoy your posts and look forward to your return.

Latest posts