Hestialusa major nymph problems

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignatz

Reaction score
I had three H. major ooths, one hatched and the others were seemingly bad...all three kept in the same conditions. If that wasn't disappointing enough, the nymphs are skizzy little things, very nervous, and after a week now are still afraid of melanogaster. One issue is that they are all 30 or so in a net cage, temps in the 80s, well humidified to 70-80%, but maybe they need to be in their own containers despite their small size. I was hoping to get them to L3 before splitting them up, but given their nervous temperament, maybe they need to be split up now? Anybody have any experience with this species in general?

Guess it's time to split them up. Are they unusual in being particularly nervous? Have any experience with this species in particular? thanks.

I found them to be pretty aggressive feeders that would take prey almost as large as themselves, but mine were kept individually.

Maybe the fact that they are such aggressive feeders makes them this nervous! Going to have to put in yet another deli cup order...

Latest posts