Hestiasula sp.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chun

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my new arrivals. Incredibly hard to get a good shot of them, as they wont bloody stop moving (and they're pretty small), but never the less, i've been fantasizing about this species when i was 15, so i'm over the moon that i've got some now.

Hestiasula sp. (the REAL boxer mantid)

2445783703_546c284274.jpg

2446608052_0d5cbea8a8.jpg

2446604910_d25ddf1215.jpg

2445772927_c758b77b1b.jpg

Very similar to my Ephestiasula sp :)

Boxers are my favourites as they exhibit behaviours seen nowhere else in mantids :)

Wish you luck in breeding those!

That's a compact little ball o' mantis! They remind me of the battle droids in the more recent Star Wars movies.
Hahaha! I thought the same thing!

It's seriously like this awesome insect ball made of win and ferociousness. I particularly like the last picture, with just its face in focus.

Very nice Nico, thanks for sharing the photos!

(I had a browse through the Mantodeenforum, it's very nice...wish my german was better though)

Pity the Ceratomantis are not with us anymore, it would be a brilliant photo if one could put Hestiasula and Ceratomantis opposite to each other... it would be like a positive-negative or a angel-devil view :)

These two species look very alike with the horn on the top of their heads and the abdomen straighten up like that!

Latest posts