Heterochaeta aren't eating

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeCapricorn

Reaction score
So I got two Heterochaeta nymphs from a vendor at a reptile show on Saturday. One is already dead, unfortunately, and the other refuses to really eat. I have been spraying them, being careful not to saturate them too much but also keep humidity up. I am attempting to feed them D. hydei. 

Neither of them seemed to show any indication that they might molt. Both were lethargic. The one was found dead today.

They are currently kept at room temperature, which is between 73 and 76 at this time of year.

So I got two Heterochaeta nymphs from a vendor at a reptile show on Saturday. One is already dead, unfortunately, and the other refuses to really eat. I have been spraying them, being careful not to saturate them too much but also keep humidity up. I am attempting to feed them D. hydei. 

Neither of them seemed to show any indication that they might molt. Both were lethargic. The one was found dead today.

They are currently kept at room temperature, which is between 73 and 76 at this time of year.
My experience with heterochaeta is that they don't like it terribly humid. I keep them in mesh cages and mist once a day. They are otherwise kept in a room with a humidifier going, but they get plenty of ventilation with the mesh cages. I had kept a few younger ones in a mason jar with a mesh top when I first started with them, and they both died. Ever since I have been keeping them in mesh cages, they have been doing great! Good luck!

Latest posts