Heterochaeta - gentle giant :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruszakus

Reaction score
Here's some pics of one of my Heterochaeta females :) Adults reach up to almost 6 inches :)

heterochaeta3.jpg

heterochaeta2.jpg

heterochaeta1.jpg

heterochaeta.jpg

Now I get what is wrong... I don't see the entire "intert image" bar - "http://" is there by default...

Last edited by a moderator:
That stinks, :angry: I wanted to see them! Oh, there they are. Nice mantids!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures! They are very similar to an "unidentified bug" picture a friend sent me the other day.

The funny thing is, I used to keep them at 25C, and they seemed to like the colder conditions. I moved their enclosures to my glasshouse, where it's like 40-45C, and they still did fine - the only difference was, they started growing rapidly. I guess they need some really high temps to get going.

Some new pics...

146149.jpg

146150.jpg

146151.jpg

The pictures don't give credit to this threat display - it's really cool to see it live :)

146152.jpg

146153.jpg

My boyfriend said "That is terrifying!" but I think they're beautiful and I love the threat pose!

I've got like 10 pairs or something - one female died recently, for no apparent reason...

You really should see this treat pose live - those colors are just stunning :)

I've got like 10 pairs or something - one female died recently, for no apparent reason...

You really should see this treat pose live - those colors are just stunning :)
I would love to see it live! But I'm not properly equipped to handle such a large crawly pet right now
sad.gif

Latest posts