Heterochaeta Nymph L3 Eats a Fruit Fly (Video)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I see more looking at your close up videos than I do looking at mine with the naked eye.. lol

I think I see more looking at your close up videos than I do looking at mine with the naked eye.. lol
Absolutely! That's why I post them.

:eek:

When you zoom in that close you enter another world. The human eye can't focus on such tiny details. We also miss much of the color content. You can't even tell they have such colorful eyes by staring at them up close. Video allows you to see a hint of the individual lenses of the compound eyes.

I only wish I could get finer detail without the light diffusion of this cheapo diopter filter. Very limited selection for camcorders. :(

Wow dude those ones are very cool. Great mandible shots.

Those definitely are a very cool mantis. :punk: So many different cool mantises. I entered this hobby much too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize Heterochaeta could be so beautiful! The legs and eyes are really stunning. You have quite the artistic talent sir, nice video and profile pic.

I didn't realize Heterochaeta could be so beautiful! The legs and eyes are really stunning. You have quite the artistic talent sir, nice video and profile pic.
Haha! Thanks. I'll be posting another in a few hours that's a little more artsy than this one... :blush:

Heterochaeta eating a stink bug nymph.