Hey everyone!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantidmomma

Reaction score
 I am a mom of 11 (9 boys and 2 girls) and a grandma of 22. With 9 boys, bugs have always been a daily part of life!  :)

I homeschool my youngest and a few months back we got an ootheca (?) and it hatched. We initially wanted them for our garden. But we very quickly decided that we couldn't let them all go. We now have what look like L3 but we only saw discarded skin on one occasion so we possibly have L2's.

My youngest has high functioning autism and he has really taken to our mantids. We have 121 all in their own habitats at this time. I would love for this to be a permanent hobby for him...and for myself as well.

Thanks so much for allowing us to join!  We hope to learn a lot for all of you!

Welcome!  With 11 children and 121 mantids, you surely have your hands full!  =)  Do you know what species you have?

What a great thing for your youngest to engage in, many good lessons. 

Thanks for sharing and we will see you around!

Thankfully, my 10 oldest children are grown!  :)   My youngest at home is 14. But.....throw in the 22 grandkids, and there is never a dull moment!  

Right now we have Chinese mantids. It was VERY time consuming feeding each mantis in each habitat. But being our first nymphs, we were worried about letting them to anyone until they were a bit bigger. Now it seems hard to find people that want them!  LOL!

Welcome. :D Sounds like you have your hands full with little mantises. This forum is a great place to learn about mantis and ask questions about mantises. Enjoy!

Latest posts