Hey from PA!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotherofMantids

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name's Amy and I've loved mantises since I was a little girl. It started with a wild mantis in my mom's garden I would hand feed. Eventually the mantis decided it liked me so much it would wait for me in the same spot everyday and hop right on me whenever I walked by. Whenever I was outside it would just hang out on my shoulder while I explored. I ended up keeping it inside when it got cold. 

I picked up keeping them as pets again in college when I saved a Chinese mantis up from freezing in our garden.

So far only have exclusively kept Tenodera sinensis. Here's a video of me hand feeding one of my girls.  I'll be keeping a Giant Asian mantis soon so I'm excited! 

Nice to be apart of the community! 

Hello Amy and welcome to the forum
wave2.gif

Sounds like you had a nice introduction to the hobby at a young age, and is a great story. Interestingly enough I find the Tenodera sinensis has the most inquisitive personalities, seem to enjoy human companionship, and are a active species unlike many others I've had (at least compared to the various species I've kept so far). :)

Latest posts