HF Duds

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. When it does not hatch you know.

The fresh pupae will be light in color, as they get ready to hatch they should become darker, I use about 30,000 flies or more a month, and thats pretty much how they look, cannot always tell this way, but also if u cut open one u think should hatch, u should see a fly in it, not goo. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant even imagine what 30,000 flies look like, let alone raise.

So do they smell pretty bad with that many?

:eek: Not too bad, I put about 500 each of H.f. & bb f. a day into the fruit fly bottles, getting the pupae down in the second hole, and they hatch and climb up to the next space and I feed them this way thru a 1 1/2" hole in the enclosures! They only last a day, sometimes two. I don't even have to feed them, cause they dont last long enough for that, sometimes (I know, who has feelings for a fly?) I give em a small spray of water! So they really dont smell to bad, cause they are enclosed in the bottle.

:eek: Not too bad, I put about 500 each of H.f. & bb f. a day into the fruit fly bottles, getting the pupae down in the second hole, and they hatch and climb up to the next space and I feed them this way thru a 1 1/2" hole in the enclosures! They only last a day, sometimes two. I don't even have to feed them, cause they dont last long enough for that, sometimes (I know, who has feelings for a fly?) I give em a small spray of water! So they really dont smell to bad, cause they are enclosed in the bottle.
Have you ever had a housefly disaster? As in the houseflies getting out of the bottle.

Latest posts