Hi Everyone...artist here

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anchorite

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I hope you guys will bear with me, i am not knowlegable about mantids, i am an artist/toy designer,
who grew up in a scientific household.

A few years back i had an amazing encounter with a "praying mantis" in my garden which recently
led to me create an illustration (see below) of mantids. It's not scientfic, it's more about the imagination and being whimsical

I am planning to develop a series of these drawings for children, which i will probably turn into a small
book. I was hoping that as i go along, i could post my drawings to this group for advice.
My goal is not to create perfectly accurate scientific drawings but i don't want to be completely without substance either.

I can't say yet what my questions to you folks would be, i just know i will have them...LOL!!!

I was very fortunate as a kid to be surrounded by people profoundly interested in scientific things, i would like to use my creative talents to
translate and return the favor and bring kids towards science for a different direction.

If this sounds like i am in the wrong place, please feel free to let me know, i will completely understand

Here are some examples to the sort of work i do...so you will know that i am bonfide...thanks!

OOtheca

LilyfarmersWEB.jpg

whaleweb.jpg

FuzzyAldrinweb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum. I like the illustrations. The mantis illustration would make nice wallpaper for a kids room. Or even a tie. I would wear a mantis tie for sure.

Yo nice work. You should try to incorporate some pictures of Idolomantis Diabolica.

Thank you all for taking the time to comment and look at my work.

I am going to research the Idolomantis Diabolica. ...sounds like an interesting character!

Latest posts