Hi folks

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimur

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I've been keeping wild caught insects and arachnids for about 6 years. With the exception of a Brachypelma smithi, I usually release all after a few weeks of observation. Over the last couple of years my interest in mantids has grown though I've not found many to catch and release. I have a supply of good housing materials etc and am considering the purchase of a few nymphs and perhaps try to raise a few to produce ootheca and hopefully learn more of these amazing creatures. It still seems rather cool to be shipping now however. Would love to work with a couple of the more rare species but for now will stay with the ones more familiar to me. Hope to read you in the forums and thanks for sharing so much information here.

Just want to remind you... mantis are additive... be afraid...be very afraid!

Hello and welcome to the forum
welcome6.gif

Even with a empty profile, if you are able to catch a tarantula like that I know your not in the states. ;) Sounds very nice though, and a very long lived pet if female, 30 years - wow.

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't mean to mislead, although I have found brown tarantulas while vacationing my B. smithi was a purchased sling, not wild caught as T's are not indigenous to my locale. I've had her for 5 years. It has been a slow process but fun watching her grow from smaller than a dime to now filling my hand.

Latest posts